1. ABOUT US
2. PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND CHANGES TO IT
- 2.1. This privacy statement sets out:
- 2.1.1. how truTRTL.com collects, stores, shares and uses personal information (such as information that identifies, relates to or describes you, or which is capable of being associated with you) collected from you when you use our website (the “Site”) or any software, services or application programming interfaces available on or through our Site (“Personal Data”); and
- 2.1.2. Details the types of Personal Data collected, stored, shared and used and your right to control your Personal Data, ( “Privacy Statement” ).
- 2.3. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Site or submit Personal Data to it unless you have the consent of and are supervised by a parent or guardian.
- 2.4. The Personal Data and information procured hereunder maybe distributed to entities situated within or outside India for the purposes set out hereunder, as required from time to time as per the provisions of the applicable data protection laws such as Information Technology Act, 2000, Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011, Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011
- 2.5. You should read this Privacy Statement carefully and we recommend that you print and keep a copy of it for your future reference.
- 2.7. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially change how we treat your personal information, we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of such changes, such as via prominent notice on the Site or to your email address of record, and where required by law, we will obtain your consent or give you the opportunity to opt out of such changes. By continuing to use the Site and its services without consenting to the changes or opting out, it will be deemed that you have consented to such changes by your conduct.
- 2.8. By continuing to use this Site, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree with the entire Privacy Statement in effect at the time of your use. If you do not agree to the entire Privacy Statement in effect at the time of your use, then you must not use this Site.
3. THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- 3.1. When you use this Site (including through submissions/posts in user forums or blogs on or via this Site, by accessing or browsing it or by communicating with us via email or by signing up for newsletters or other communications through it), we may collect all or some of the following Personal Data from or about you:
- 3.1.1. your name and title and gender and date of birth;
- 3.1.2. your company name or affiliation;
- 3.1.3. your contact information including telephone/mobile number/fax and email address, device information, photo, IP Address, location, date and time stamp, and network carrier;
- 3.1.4. where you have submitted/posted content, your submissions/posts or blogs; and
- 3.1.5. where you have registered with us, your user name and password.
- 3.2. We may also collect some or all of the above types of information from our business partners or third parties who have your consent to pass that information on us or who may be authorised by you to authenticate or identify you to us or to sign in to our Site using credentials from that business partner or third party.
- 3.3. When you submit/post content which is Personal Data on or via the Site in user forums or blogs on or accessed via this Site or any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile, you agree that any such Personal Data may be viewed by others including users of this site.
- 3.4. Once you create a profile on the site, other users will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the site, such as the questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials.
- 3.5. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 unless we have the consent to do so of the parent or guardian.
4. AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACTIVITY
5. YOUR CONTENT
We collect and store the information and content that you post to the Site, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the Site, along with your name. This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms of Service. You may edit or delete the answers that you post at any time. Any questions you have posted may remain on the Site and be edited by other users. Any deleted content will not be removed from third party sites on which it has been shared via Our site’s standard sharing features; however, we have no control over deletions or changes to Your Content if it has been shared manually by others.
6. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 6.1. We do not sell your personal data such as your name and contact information to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. We (and third party data processors, vendors and hosting partners who may be acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- 6.1.1. To provide you the services we offer on the Site, communicate with you about your use of the Site, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- 6.1.2. To make this Site available, to customise it, to provide content tailored to individual requirements; to understand your needs and provide you with improved products and services, newsletters and other communications and to enable others to view submissions/posts and blogs of users;
- 6.1.3. To maintain any registered accounts that you may hold with us and to provide you with updates or notifications of changes to your account;
- 6.1.4. For our internal record keeping requirements including collection of anonymised details about visitors to our Site to compile aggregate statistics or produce internal reports;
- 6.1.5. With your agreement, to contact you about our or our business partners’ promotions, products and services or other information which we think you may find interesting, offers, or for customer satisfaction purposes (including contact by email, phone, SMS or through Site);
- 6.1.6. To provide you with advertisement contents based on your interests and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services on the Site and/or the website and other platforms owned by DC;
- 6.1.7. In order for availing certain services, DC and/or truTRTL may share the Personal Data with its third party service providers;
- 6.1.8. For market research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes (including diagnosing technology problems which may be reported to us); and
- 6.1.9. For any purposes related to the above or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your Personal Data (including for abuse, crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
- 6.2. In terms of sharing, disclosing or transferring your Personal Data to third parties (together, “Disclose” or “Disclosing”), except as set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not Disclose your Personal Data unless we have your permission or unless we are required to do so to:
- 6.2.1. comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body; or
- 6.2.3. Establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- 6.3. If we become aware that we have collected or been sent Personal Data from a person under the age of 18 without the consent of the parent or guardian, we will deactivate the relevant account as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- 6.4. In the event that a third party proposes to acquire all or some of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your Personal Data to that third party in connection with their proposed or actual acquisition. In the event that we become insolvent or we are in any similar situation, we may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties as part of a business or asset sale carried out where such disclosure is lawful and compliant with the Information Technology Act, 2000 including its amendments and modifications thereof.
- 6.5. We reserve the right to retain your Personal Data, any other information which we have collected and any content that you have submitted to the extent required by applicable laws and as we may require for operational and legal purposes.
7. ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR INFORMATION
You may update, amend or delete your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you.
If you have not yet created an account with us but wish to view your personal information available with us, please contact us at info@truTRTL.com.
8. YOUR CHOICES
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the Site, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send.
We may share with users of our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content on our site such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content,
conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Site in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
10. ANONYMIZED AND AGGREGATED DATA
We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
11. COOKIES, PIXELS AND TRACKING
12. ADS AND PERSONALIZATION
We may display personalized content (including from third party publishers) and personalized ads (including sponsored content), based on information that we have collected via the Site and through our Pixels, widgets, and buttons embedded on third party sites. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw a particular ad or content and related audience engagement information to users of our Ad Services and to publishers of content on the Site.
Users of our Ad Services may also provide us with information as part of their ad campaigns, including customer list information (e.g., email addresses and demographic or interest data or) with us in order to create customized audiences for their ad campaigns; we only use this information to facilitate the particular user’s campaign (including ad metrics and reporting to that user) or for fraud detection and security purposes, and we do not disclose these customer lists to third parties (other than our service providers) unless required by law. We also do not disclose to users of our Ad Services the names or identities of their customers that were successfully reached as part of such campaigns.
13. ANONYMOUS POSTS
You may post certain content anonymously, including questions and answers. In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content, and our site does not associate such content with your user ID and other profile data.
14. EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES AND COMMUNICATIONS
When you join our Site by signing up for an account or creating a profile you are also opting to receive other emails and text messages from us that may be of interest to you as a user of our Site. You can manage your email, text messages and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails and text messages about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails and text messages about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
You can block the ability of another Site user to follow you by selecting the setting for this in the other user’s profile. You can change whether or not you follow other users.
You can change your credentials that are displayed in your profile or in connection with a specific answer.
17. INDEXED SEARCH
Your profile and name is indexed by search engines and if you are not fine with indexed search you may opt out to use the services of our site. Your content that has already been indexed by search engines may remain indexed even after you have turned off indexing, as implementing this change is outside of our control.
18. DELETED OR DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
If you choose to delete your account in your privacy settings, then all Your content will be visible on the Site as Anonymous, and your account shall not be restored by us thereafter. If you choose to Deactivate Your Account, then you will no longer receive any communications from us, and users will not be able to interact with you; however your Content will remain on Our Site as posted by Anonymous. Once you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it any time by choosing to log in.
19. INFORMATION SECURITY
- 19.1. We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure.
- 19.2. In order to minimise the risk that there is unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Data, we put in place wherever practicable appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure it.
- 19.3. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Data that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be secure. For your security, you should:
- 19.3.1. if using a computer in a public location, always log out and close the website browser when you complete your online session;
- 19.3.2. keep your account details and passwords private and confidential;
- 19.3.3. create a strong password and frequently change your password;
- 19.3.4. avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
20. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THEIR PRIVACY STATEMENTS
- 20.1. Your use of other websites which are owned and operated by third parties and are accessed by links from this Site is not governed by this Privacy Statement and we do not control any of those other websites.
- 20.2. Once you use the links from this Site to access those third party websites, we are not responsible for the privacy of any data that you provide while using them.
- 20.3. You should review the privacy policies applicable to third party websites and ask any questions or raise any concerns about their collection or use of your Personal Data with that website operator.
21. CROSS BROWSER INTEGRATION
Personal Data collected from a particular browser or device that you use to access the Site may be used with another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device on which such Personal Data was collected.
22. LINKED NETWORKS
You can sign in or sign up to the Site through a linked network i.e. Facebook or Google. If you elect to sign up through or connect a Linked Network we receive certain profile and account information about you from the Linked Network. These Linked Network may also appear in your profile, so that people can find you on these Linked Networks. The specific information provided to us by Linked Networks is determined by these third parties and may vary by network. In all cases, the permissions page for the Linked Network will describe information being shared. You should consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices. You may connect or disconnect your Linked Networks, such as Facebook, through the Account Settings tab in your profile settings, and you may access, amend and delete much of your profile information through your profile settings. Once you disconnect a Linked Network, we will not receive information from that Linked Network going forward; unless you choose to reconnect it. You may also control whether the Linked Networks is visible in your profile.
23. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ACCESS TO IT
- 23.1. You may request details of the Personal Data that we hold about you under the Information Technology Act, 2000 or amendments to such details if they are inaccurate or incomplete. We may charge you a small administration fee to respond to your request.
- 23.2. We use pixels for collecting data if you are not fine with it you may stop using the service of our Site.
- 23.3. You have the choice to restrict our collection or use of your Personal Data in the following ways:
- 23.3.1. when you are asked by us to accept a cookie or to fill in a form on the Site, look for your cookie settings and the area that you can click to indicate your preference as to use of your Personal Data for marketing or other purposes; and
- 23.3.2. if you have previously agreed to accept a cookie, then you may change your mind at any time disabling or deleting the cookie or amending your cookie settings.You may set your browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, however, if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you shall have to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Site but in certain cases browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on the technologies used by DC and its business partners.
- 23.4. You have the choice as to whether we use your Personal Data to send you promotional or other information about third parties or us. If you consent but later change your mind to receiving such communications, you may contact us and we will cease such activity.
24. Our Details:
- 24.2. Write to us on info@truTRTL.com or indicate your consent or withdrawal of your consent to marketing communications, interest-based advertising, cross-app advertising, statistical identification and cross-device targeting by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in communications which you receive from us.